The Village at MLT Opening January 2018
Marketing of the retail space in what has been known as "the Gateway project" is ramping up. The project has a new name and is now being called "The Village at MLT" and being marketed by JSH Properties, Inc. The pamphlet below is specifically marketing the retail space and states that the first building is planned to open in January 2018.
Here are some Neighborhood Facts from the pamphlet:
• Sound Transit Light Rail Line Opens 2023
• Nearly 2,000 feet Freeway visibility & signage
• Over 500 residential units along McAleer Creek with a dog run, bike
storage & shared tool shop
• Amenities of athletic club, childcare & restaurant elevator close.
• Parking of 493 total retail parks including at-grade surface, garage
and street spaces.
A major part of the project requirements will be constructing a new road that will extend from 236th St SW near the Transit Center and connect to the existing Gateway Boulevard near Umpqua Bank.
Here are some past articles on the project.